River Stewardship Company is fully educated and aware of the risks posed by poor considerations of waste, biosecurity, emissions and targets, both on site and within the business premises.
We shall use the guidance set out by the Environment Agency and regularly interact with both External ecologists and Environment Agency staff to ensure we have the latest information. Our activities take our staff across different areas of the country and we are committed to ensure that the spread of plants, diseases and waterborne viruses to do not spread and cause harm to other ecosystems across the country.
• We shall ensure that the policy of the organisation is documented and maintained to be appropriate
to the size and nature of the environmental impacts of our activities and services
• We are committed to ensuring that all River Stewardship activities do not lead to the unwanted
spread of disease.
• We are committed to complying with all applicable legal requirements and with other requirements
which relate to our environmental aspects
• The management system shall provide a framework for setting and reviewing environmental
objectives and targets
• This policy shall be communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the company
• This policy shall be displayed within the organisation at all times and shall be available to all
• The company are committed to reducing carbon, ways of working and reducing travel are sought
during the planning of work to reduce carbon usage
• The waste hierarchy is considered when producing a by product or waste, reuse is prioritised where
In order to meet this commitment, River Stewardship Company shall pursue the following objectives:
• To ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and guidance
• Be prepared to deal with the demands of future legislative developments
• To ensure that harmful impacts are foreseen and controlled including the lifecycle (including disposal) of plant, equipment and materials
• Source alternative fuel sources and products with negligible impact on the environment
• To prevent or reduce emissions
• To prevent pollution
• To improve waste management practices, promote reuse of by products on site
• To reduce consumption of natural resources
• To minimise noise and other nuisances
• To continuously assess environmental performance
• To seek environmental efficiencies leading to reduced carbon
• To seek innovative ways to ensure all ways of working lead to environmental enhancement and not detriment
• To ensure that the working culture encourages constructive conservation
• To assist in the management of ecology
• To identify and safeguard wildlife
• To identify opportunities to improve sustainability and generate social impact
The necessary personnel and financial resources will be allocated to assist the company in meeting its environmental objectives.
In addition, the company shall continue to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers. The staff should become the eyes and ears of the environment that they work in and report issues as soon as they arise to reduce any burden on the environment.
Employees shall be briefed and trained on environmental practice in the field and clients shall be actively encouraged to take advantage of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact and improving sustainability.
All employees, at whatever level, and subcontract labour shall be required to take reasonable care of any environment that may be affected by anything that they do, or fail to do, in the course of their employment.
The company should embrace the guidance and code of practise documents which are shared with the Environment Agency. Staff will be briefed and required to adhere to the core values of the shared documents.
The Board of Directors shall be responsible for ensuring that the Environmental Policy is implemented in practice.
The Management shall have day-to-day responsibility for applying environmental interface arrangements, procedures, ensuring that these are applied effectively and that there is adequate training, instruction and supervision.
Staff shall have continuous responsibility for applying environmental interface arrangements and procedures.
It should be noted that disciplinary action shall be taken against employees who persistently and deliberately flout the requirements placed upon them by statutory provisions and by company environmental rules.