The River Stewardship Company are an environmental contractor, delivering waterway improvements from source to sea throughout the UK.
Our scope of works includes moorland restoration, ecology consultation, natural flood management, invasive species management, river stewardship, hydro-morphology and arboriculture work.
RSC are committed to:
• Protecting the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and others affected by our activities and providing safe, healthy working conditions that prevent injury and ill health.
• We have adopted a risk-based approach to the integrated management and achieve this by forward planning, monitoring risks, opportunities, and compliance obligations of the integrated management system. We actively monitor the needs and interests of relevant parties and issues that could affect the integrated management system and its business objectives.
• The RSC will comply with all compliance obligations, codes of practice and all other requirements applicable to our activities including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products, and services.
• Prevent pollution, reduce waste, and minimise the consumption of resources.
• Regular monitor, audit and review our health, safety, and environmental performance to confirm the effectiveness of our arrangements and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Establish and implement all necessary health, safety, and environmental arrangements to meet with the legislative requirements and those outlined in this policy statement.
• Eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety (H&S) risks to acceptable levels by ensuring the continued improvement of our health, safety, and environmental management systems to drive our performance forward.
• We will make sure that we will investigate all accidents and incidents and implement measures to prevent re-occurrence.
• Effective communication, consultation, co-operation, and participation, in the exchange of information, both internally and with other workers and contractors who have a vested interest in improving standards of Health and Safety at Work.
• Working with each other to prevent all work-related incidents injuries and illnesses.
• Ensuring that we meet our health, safety and environmental compliance obligations including all relevant legislation and any elected standards or principles.
• We will promote a culture that is inclusive, Fair and in one in which all employees, contractors and visitors are aware of the importance of health, safety, and environmental matters.
• Minimise the environmental impact, for the life cycle of equipment (including disposal), and other physical assets under our control.
• Providing the resources and support to meet our commitments.
• Provide information, instruction, training, and supervision to staff so that they can perform their work safely and, in a way, which minimises impact on the environment.
• Setting targets and measuring our performance against our objectives.
Customer satisfaction forms an essential part of our objectives and to ensure this is fulfilled, all employees receive training to ensure awareness and understanding of quality, H&S and environmental issues, and their impact on customer service which we provide.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the management system is regularly reviewed by Senior Leadership Team to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business and is subject to both internal and external annual audits.