The RSC are working hard to support a Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods project to further improve Gledhow Valley Woods for wildlife and the local community.
The ongoing work is taking place as part of the project being delivered by the RSC and by volunteers at the Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods and includes:
• Dredging and creating wetland areas in Gledhow Lake and beck
• Creating wetland areas at the edges of Gledhow beck
• Installing leaky dams in the beck to improve habitat
• Creating new ponds
• Installing more fascines along the valley sides to prevent soil erosion and create a more varied woodland floor
• Upgrading paths and installing two new information boards